- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 cups crayfish (rivier kreeftjes)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce (tabasco, salt, pepper to taste)
- Melt butter in skillet and saute onion garlic and peppers.
- Simmer for 15 minutes then add puree and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add green onion, parsley, celery and crayfish.
- Cook 15-20 minutes longer, stirring to keep from sticking.
- Let stand 30 minutes to blend seasonings, and serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a transplant from the USA living in Belgium.I've been over here now for almost 11 years so the "missing" things from home has kind of wore off. I love cookbooks, especially the local hometown, church or organization books and have a good collection going! Not married but sharing a home, never had kids but "adopted" the ex's kids as my own, learned Dutch now trying Italian so I can keep up with the cookbooks!!