Ms.delores "fried Corn off the Cob" Just Like Grandmas
photo by Diana in Atlanta
- Ready In:
- 10 5 cups fresh corn or 5 cups frozen corn
- 6 slices bacon (I prefer sliced jowl) or 1 slice fat, back
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 salt and pepper
- Begin cutting corn off the cobb in a soft downward motion. After cutting corn scrap cobb for excess corn.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain well, leaving about three tablespoons of the fat in the skillet.
- Add the corn, salt, pepper 3 tbl spoons of sugar and cornstarch or flour to the fat.
- Add water as needed stir occasionally.
- Sauté everything together for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the fresh corn and crumble the cooked bacon over the top.
- Continue cooking for an additional ten minutes.
- Serve while hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!