Mrs. Markowitz's Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and eggs until well blended.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Blend in melted butter and mix until smooth.
- Sift together 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and flour.
- Add to cream mixture.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Pour mixture into spring form pan and bake for 1 hour
- Turn off heat and let cake cool with door closed (no peeking) for 2 hours.
- **keep your blender on a low speed this cake doesn't turn out well if you aerate it. Don't rush it.
- **this is a pretty large cake and it rises a lot before it settles so i suggest using a large pan.
- **this cake makes its own crust and it leaves a it leaves a ridge around the top that is perfect for holding your toppings on.
- ** the cook time includes the 2 hour cooling period.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!