Mr. Salad With Mushroom Dressing (Vegan)
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch arugula, chopped
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup veggie bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped herbs (that you wouldn't mind having in a salad such as basil, sorrel, tarragon, etc.)
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 herb and olive baguette (use chopped toasted slices as your crouton)
For the Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 dashes soy sauce
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves
- Toss all salad ingredients together or arrange attractively.
- For the dressing, saute mushrooms in sesame oil with soy sauce and oregano until cooked.
- Cool and then puree with sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom with a 3 year old son, and a student studying for my bachelors in environmental science.</p> <p>I learned how to cook from watching my Grandmother Dee growing up, as well as watching culinary shows after school. My first 'real' culinary try, was creme brulee at age 14, which tasted good but alot like flan.</p> <p>I have alot of my Grandmothers old cookbooks, including a Betty Crocker Recipe Box filled with recipe cards from the 1960's. I LOVE LOVE LOVE vintage cookbooks!</p> <p>Food is definitely a pleasure for me, and I love to change others opinions on eating. I also encourage others to try new things! My passions are science, music, and art--as well as any DIY project!</p>