Mozzarella Topped Chicken With Roasted Tomato and Basil Sauce
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled (large ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped between coarse and fine
- 60 ml cream
- 200 g mozzarella cheese, sliced into 4 slices
- Preheat oven 200c.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic and oil in an ovenproof baking dish. Roast uncovered, about 20 Min's or until tomatoes soften. When garlic is cool enough to handle squeeze out flesh.
- Cook chicken in a pan, until nicely browned and cooked through.
- When chicken is close to being finished, blend or process garlic and all but 12 tomatoes until smooth.
- Place in a medium saucepan with basil and cream and cook stirring over a low heat, until heated through. Keep sauce warm on stove.
- Top each breast with a slice of mozzarella and place under grill until cheese melts.
- To Serve: Place chicken on a plate top with sauce and garnish with tomatoes (3 per plate) and basil leaves if desired. I served mine with tri colour pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is such a wonderful and simple chicken dish that tastes very complex. A perfect dish to make for company. I served it along with mashed potatoes and sliced cucumbers. I was looking forward to having a little left over for lunch the next day however; the neighbor boy ended up having dinner with us, so there were no leftovers to enjoy. I will definitely be making this again soon. Made and reviewed for Make My Recipe Tag #14
What a lovely simple & delicous dish. I had all the ingredients on hand but had to used dried basil as it's not really the time of year for fresh here, it was still very flavourful, kind of like a gourmet style parma. I served the sauce over crumbed schnitzels. this would be a great meal to make when you have company.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>