Mozzarella, Basil and Garlic Bruschetta
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the baguette into 10 slices.
- Spread garlic butter on each slice.
- Tear basil leaves (tearing releases the flavour, whereas cutting it does not produce the same effect) and place one on each slice.
- Cut the anchovies to size, and place on top of basil.
- Slice the mozzarella into ten slices and place one on top of each bruschetta.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper (if using anchovy use less salt).
- Place under the grill for five minutes or until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown.
- Serve warm as a starter or snack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am currently on a month long tour of Europe with my husband and two of our friends. You can follow our travels on martinandluschka.blogspot.com ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ One of my favorite chefs is Jamie Oliver, but my husbands'a pretty good cook too! I love being creative, whether its in cooking, writing, crafts...unfortunately i'm not gifted with pens or paints, but I try to do the best I can with what I have! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/pt-shutterbug-banner-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">