Mozzarella and Basil With Marinara Sauce
A delicious appetizer served with baguette slices. I like to make this when unexpected company arrives. I usually have the ingredients on hand.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups chunky marinara sauce
- baguette, slices
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cheese in shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Spoon marinara sauce around cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with baguette slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Warning: do not make these when you are alone! And if you do, do not eat these when you are alone! That was my first mistake, and my second! Sushiman is off in England for the week and I thought this would be a quick and easy supper for me and the one Dornette at home this week. I could be like Cher in Mermaids and we would have appetizers for supper! Wrong choice! First, the Dornette decided to go hang out with her friends last night. So it was just me and the dogs, and they didn't get any. Yes, I went through the whole thing myself! Where's that blushing smiley when you need it? I used a whole baguette, little baby mozzarella balls cut in half, and some of my homemade pasta sauce that I had in the freezer. Granted, it did take me most of the evening to get through these, and my only comfort with this pig-out is that I washed it down with Diet Coke. That cancels out the calories, right?