Mouth Watering Nectarine French Toast (LOW FAT)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Nothing got my housemates out of bed faster than these mouth watering french toast. It is fantastic too cos it is low in fat, though you would NEVER realise this when you pop some in your mouth.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 8 slices bread
- maple syrup, to serve
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 5 nectarines, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together the eggs, caster sugar and milk.
- Combine the ricotta, sugar and vanilla (filling).
- Spread the filling over 4 slices of bread.
- Top with nectarine slices and the remaining bread.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes each side, or till golden brown.
- Serve in wedges with maple syrup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION