Mother's Tomato Rice Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Grated
- Combine beef, pepper, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 Celsius.
- tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Pat into bottom and sides of a greased 9" square pan. Combine remaining tomato sauce, rice, water, and 1/2 c cheese. Spoon mixture into meat shell.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minute
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 min longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a writer, chief cook and bottle washer, GS leader, hunter of bargains and all-around domestic goddess. I love trying new recipes, and my daughters refer to Alton Brown as "Mom's boyfriend." I read voraciously, to the detriment of the hypothetical cleanliness of my house. I think white chocolate should be illegal, since it's not chocolate. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">