Mother's Best Ever Slow Cooker Pot Roast
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A recipe of my grandmother's that I have spruced up and made into my own
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 20mins
- 2 -3 lbs chuck or 2 -3 lbs rump roast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup white mushroom, sliced
- 3 russet potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons oil (I prefer grapeseed)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Chop onion and put in bottom of crock pot with water and turn pot on low.
- Mix flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large ziploc freezer bag.
- Put roast in bag and toss until outside of roast is completely covered with a light layer of flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan large enough for roast (I usually use a wok).
- Brown roast on all sides in the pan.
- After browning, empty excess oil into crock and keep roast in pan.
- Chop garlic into slices.
- Make incisions in the roast and put garlic in the slices with fingers.
- Add roast to crock pot.
- Add mushrooms on sides and top of roast.
- After 4 or 5 hours, skin and chop potatoes and add to crock pot.
- Cook until potatoes are soft and roast is tender enough to pull apart with a fork (usually 1-2 more hours).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION