Motabel Dip (Qatar)
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place eggplant on lightly greased baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, or until eggplant is tender. Once roasted, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once eggplants have cooled, peel the skins. They should come off fairly easily. If you are having a tough time, just scoop the eggplant from the skin with a spoon. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine and blend tahini, garlic, and peppers. Add in eggplant and blend well. Add in olive oil.
- Remove from food processor and place in serving bowl. Stir in lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a psychotherapist who decided to start cooking creatively after years of resistance. I cook primarily vegetarian but cook with other ingredients when my family complains too much. I'm the mother of 3 sons, two of whom are grown, and I've been married since 1978. I cringe when I think back on the cooking my poor husband valliantly endured when we were first married. I collect cookbooks and frequent the thrift shops in my area for unusual finds. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">