Most Requested Pasta Salad for Parties
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces tri-colored pasta, I prefer bow tie if I can get it
- 8 -10 ounces pepperoni slices
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 12 ounces feta cheese (sweet red pepper and basil kind)
- 16 ounces pitted black olives
- 16 ounces grape tomatoes (get the super sweets if you can)
- 1 large cucumber (dice into squares rather than slicing)
- 16 ounces Italian dressing, better quality
- 10 ounces peas
- 16 ounces green olives
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- Boil your pasta in salted water until soft but not mushy. I eat several pieces as I am cooking to make sure they are the perfect consistency because the wrong consistency wrecks the recipe.
- Get a large bowl to blend your ingredients.
- Separate the pepperoni so that you don't end up with clumps of pepperoni.
- Add all the other items you wish to include or happen to have in your kitchen.
- Drain your pasta and run it under cool water so you don't melt your feta.
- Mix all ingredients together adding the entire bottle of the good Italian dressing - use your clean hands - it's the only way because it's a BIG salad.
- Serve in your biggest, prettiest bowl or platter - it's a colorful, beautiful summer salad that gets RAVES everywhere we go!
- ENJOY! By the way, it tastes better with every day that it sits in the fridge, but the cucumbers get a little soggy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a veteran educator and just love living in southern Arizona! My husband and I are part of a family full of "foodies" and my grandfather was a well-known chef on the eastern seaboard back in the old days. My favorite cookbook is The New All-American Cookbook that my grandmother - who was also a fabulous cook - left me when she passed away. It was printed in the 40's and literally tells you how to boil water and prepare the meats(including squirrel!)that your husband brings home from hunting! However, it has every single recipe I have ever wanted to make and I refer to it weekly. We have 4 great kids and two gorgeous dogs - a minature pinscher and a red queensland heeler.