- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 2 small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- fresh cilantro
- Combine red pepper flakes, cumin, coriander and fennel seeds in a food processor.
- Pulse to chop, then add the cinnamon, salt, pepper, honey, and vinegar and process to combine.
- With the machine running, add the oil in a slow stream, process until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss eggplant, peppers, onions, and zucchini with the marinade in a bowl and coat well.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet and roast , turning vegetables every 5 minutes until caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put the chickpeas into a serving bowl.
- Pour the hot roasted vegetables over the beans and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with almonds and cilantro.
- Serve with harissa in a small bowl on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this! I love how colorful this dish was. The mix of spices and honey/balsamic came together very nicely . I used only 1/2 cup of olive oil and felt that was plenty, might try with a little less next time. I'm always on the lookout for ways to make vegetables more exciting. Thanks for posting a unique vegetable recipe!