Moroccan Turkey Stew
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 hungarian wax pepper, halved, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 10 ounces cooked chopped turkey meat
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup turkey stock or 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 7 ounces chopped green beans
- Heat oil in a deep pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, peppers, carrots and zucchini. Cook 5 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in chicken, spices, tomatoes, stock and honey. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add beans, re-cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool and freeze up to 2 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"