Moroccan Tomato Chicken With Couscous
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A healthy budget recipe with full of flavour from recipe+ http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/Moroccan-Spice-Mix Link to recipes for Moroccan Spice Mix on Food.com.
- Ready In:
- 800 g chicken legs (skinless)
- 1 tablespoon moroccan mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 brown onion (large finely chopped)
- 1 tomatoes (large finely chopped)
- 1 zucchini (large finely chopped)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped flat-leaf)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- Toss chicken in spice mix.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat and add chicken and cook, turning for 3 minutes or until browned all over.
- Remove from pan and add onion to pan and cook and stir for 3 minutes or until soft and then add tomato and 1 cup boiling water and mix well.
- Add chicken and bring to a simmer, cover, cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile place couscous and stock powder in a medium heatproof bowl and stir in 1 cup boiling water, cover with plastic food wrap, set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and then using a fork, fluff and separate grains.
- Combine parsley and zest in a small bowl and then add half the parsley mix to the couscous and toss to combine.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over couscous and serve sprinkled with remaining parsley mix.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Can't believe I'm the first to review this. It is a really great recipe. I used recipe #262189 for the spice mix. I've made this twice now. Once as written, with chicken, and it came out wonderfully. Second time I used lamb, braising the spiced meat with onions, water, and tomatoes before adding the zucchini (and threw in some eggplant as well). This is definitely in my tried and true file now.Reply