Moroccan Spiced Carrot Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A variation. We love carrot soup.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled, trimmed and sliced
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place the olive oil and butter in a stockpot over medium-high heat, and stir just until the butter melts. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the carrots and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Purée the soup until smooth. Return the soup to the stockpot. Whisk in the honey, ginger, cumin, and cinnamon. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Warm over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION