Moroccan Rice Salad (Gluten-Free)
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
1 rice salad for 6 serves
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain brown rice
- 6 green onions, finely chopped (shallots)
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, torn
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cook rice and drain well . (Follow the directions on the package for cooking).
- Place warm rice in a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients, except for the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine, adding just enough oil to moisten rice.
- Serve salad warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free