- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb seafood, cubed (mixed fish and shellfish)
- 8 ounces long grain rice
- 2 pints chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- lime, wedges, to garnish
- Place the chili, paprika, cilantro, garlic cumin and lemon juice in a dish and mix well. Pour half over the chicken and the remainder over the fish selection. Cover and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a very large, deep sided, frying pan and add the rice. Toss over a low-heat until the rice grains are well coated.
- Heat the stock and gradually add to the rice, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate frying pan, sear the chicken until browned and add to the rice. Now fry the fish for 3 minutes and add to the rice. Stir carefully, season and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes and serve garnished with lime wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)