Moroccan Marinated Lamb Blade Chops
photo by Rick M.
- Ready In:
- 32 ounces kefir or 32 ounces whole milk plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup ras el hanout spice mix, plus more (about 1.6 ounce jar, for serving)
- 8 smashed garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 8 1⁄2 inches thick lamb blade chops
- cilantro leaves and thinly sliced scallion (for serving)
- vegetable oil (for brushing)
- Whisk kefir, ras el hanout, garlic and salt together in a medium bowl. Place lamb in a large resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag, pressing out any air. Chill at least 3 hours and up to 24.
- Prepare a grill for high heat; thoroughly clean grates and brush with oil.
- Remove lamb from marinade shaking off any excess. Grill, turning once, until charred and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a platter; let rest 10 minutes. Top lamb with cilantro and scallion and dust with ras el hanout.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food editor, food stylist. I cook, I write and I eat. I have the best job ever. Surrounded by people who love food as much as i do, who are incredible cooks and teach me something every day. Not to mention the fact that I get to graze on amazing food and get paid for it, like that chocolate cherry shortcake I just ate for breakfast. Yeah, it doesn't suck.