Moroccan Lamb Backstrap
photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- 1 kg lamb backstraps (approx 2 pounds) or 1 kg lamb fillet (approx 2 pounds)
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cut lamb backstraps into 2cm / 1" strips.
- Place lamb and all marindade ingredients into a bowl and mix well using your hands.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Grilling on a BBQ until medium/rare is suggested, although a little longer won't do any harm if you like it a little more done but don't go too overboard.
- Serve with a light salad and minted yoghurt. I used Recipe#53979 for the minted yoghurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Lamb is really just a once-in-a-great while thing at my house, but during the current ZWT I seem to be fixing it quite a bit! I did cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us, then made (as suggested) recipe #53979 for my other half, while I had mine with a plum sauce since I'm not much into mint! Great spice combo here which made for a very satisfying lamb dinner! [Made & reviewed while in North Africa during ZWT6]
I made this recipe for Hubby and Little Miss (DD) and they both enjoyed it very much. Lamb Backstrap is hubbies new favourite Lamb cut so Hubby requested for dinner tonight. I allow this to marinate most of the day and Hubby said it had perfect amount of spices and the Lamb was very tender. Served it with the suggested sauce (Recipe #53979). Thank you Peter J
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live close Hobart in Tasmania, a wonderful part of Australia but a little chilly in winter so be sure to book your holiday for summer! I'm self-employed in the embedded electronics area and being at home most of the day gives me plenty of time to prepare those recipes with long preparation and cooking times. As most of my clients are either interstate or overseas I get to occasionally catch up with them and enjoy their local restaurants, always nice to have someone else paying the bills! <br /> <br />As well as food I'm partial to the odd beer & wine, so often like to go to a local pub and catch some local bands. No need for an alarm clock in the morning, my cat Molly likes her breakfast at 8:00AM sharp and makes an effective alarm! Lately I've been starting to get into some digital photography so you might be seeing a few additional recipe shots on Zaar... <br /> <br /><a href=http://www.satsleuth.com/VisitorMap/stats.php?id=vUa1ya8Z> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/VisitorMap/globes/Globe_vUa1ya8Z.gif alt= /></a></p>