Moroccan Chicken With Sweet Potato Mash
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Fragrant, tender chicken and creamy sweet potato mash makes a comforting and low-fat midweek meal.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, mixed with
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- green olives
- 3 teaspoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Mix the cinnamon and cumin and sprinkle all over the chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan, then brown the chicken for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Lift the chicken out of the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken stock, honey, lemon juice and olives. Return the chicken to the pan, then simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is syrupy and the chicken is cooked through completely.
- Mash the potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and season.
- Thickly slice each chicken breast and stir the coriander through the sauce. Serve the chicken and sauce over the mash.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION