Morello Cherry Sauce
Found this recipe from the cook and the chef. This sauce is great served over vanilla or a rich chocolate ice cream. I think this would go well over pancakes also. I have added brandy to the original recipe, so you can leave brandy out if prefered.
- Ready In:
- 500 m water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 90 g morello cherries, pitted amd drained
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 small piece cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- Dissolve sugar in the water over a low heat, add the cherries, cinnamon and lemon zest and bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer until very syrupy (rhis will take about about 20 minutes).
- Remove cherry mix from the heat when syrupy and thick enough.
- Add lemon juice and brandy.
- Allow mix to cool, and keep until ready to serve.
- Serve over your favourite icecream.