Morel Mushroom Cream Sauce (Gluten Free)
If you are a fan of morel mushrooms you will enjoy this sauce. The cream adds a luxurious note to the sauce. Delicious with any meat or pasta dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce dried morel
- 1⁄3 cup fine diced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten free beef broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gluten free rice flour
- 3 tablespoons gluten free beef broth
- Mix together the rice flour and beef broth to make a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Add enough warm water to cover the dried mushrooms. Let sit about 1 hour or until soft.
- Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon. Discard the water. Rinse the morels with water and gently squeeze out the excess moisture.
- In a sauce pan bring the cream to a gentle simmer, reduce to half. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, saute the shallots until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme. Continue to cook a couple of minutes.
- Add the broth, simmer until the flavors are well blended.
- Slowly whisk in the cream, simmer about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If needed thicken with a little of the rice flour mixture and simmer until the desired consistency is reached.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION