Montreal Garlic Smashed Potatoes
I love Montreal steak seasoning and never thought to add it to vegetables. These potatoes are outrageous! Found this on the internet, but it most likely originated from McCormick.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons mccormick grill mates McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mccormick garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to saucepan and reduce heat to low.
- Add parmesan cheese, steak seasoning and garlic powder.
- Mash potatoes with a fork or potato masher.
- Gradually add milk, butter and sour cream until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve immediately or spoon into a lightly buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and keep warm in a 250° oven until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! I used Klondike Rose potatoes (red-skinned, golden-fleshed) since I had a lot on hand and no baby reds. Rather than using garlic powder, I tossed a few cloves of fresh garlic in with the potatoes while they cooked and just mashed them right in. Enjoyed the recipe very much--thanks for posting!Reply
see 5 more