Monterey Seafood Stew
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 30mins
- 1 lb sea bass fillet
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 3⁄4 cups sauterne (white wine)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 (1 lb) cans tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 lobster tails, cooked, shelled, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 1 (7 ounce) can minced clams
- Dry bass, shrimp and scallops on paper towels.
- Cut bass in 1 inch squares.
- Pick over scallops to remove any bits of shell.
- Place in a deep bowl, add wine and marinate 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Cook onions, peppers, celery and garlic in oil until tender but not browned.
- Add bay leaves, basil and thyme.
- Cook a minute or two to blend flavors.
- Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook uncovered 15-20 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add marinated fish along with wine.
- Cook uncovered 6-8 minutes, just until fish is done.
- Add lobster, crab and clams.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Can serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small rural town in central California. I am lucky enough to live and work in my community. I am the site coordinator for an after school program where we enroll over 100 students. My motto is there are no bad kids only bad parents. I have one daughter that is now in her second year of college and a husband that is the worse critic when it comes to food. He either likes it or doesn't no in between. I have been at the zaar for over a year now and continue to go back and forth on buying a membership, right now I'm going for buying. Trying to convince myself that it is only $2.00 a month and I could clean up that nonmember cookbook and get it organized so I might be able to find something :)I'm kinda a pack rat when it comes to food, I always have back ups and sometimes back ups for the back ups. My husband always tells everyone if there is a national disaster come to our house shirley will be able to feed an army. So yall are welcome too :)Edited to add i joined 12-31-06 my Christmas prsent to myself!