Monterey Barbecued Skillet Chicken
Chicken with barbecue sauce, crisp bacon, and melted cheese, topped with fresh tomatoes, and green onions.
- Ready In:
- 4 bacon, strips
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless, chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked, but not crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain, and keep warm.
- Drain drippings from skillet, and cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Top each chicken breast with barbecue sauce , green onions, tomato, and 2 reserved bacon pieces.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation