photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- Beat eggs, half and half, salt, pepper well or mix in a blender.
- Cook meat, onions and potatoes in butter and oil until onion is tender and potatoes lightly browned.
- Pour egg mixture over all, lifting potatoes to let eggs run under.
- Cook slowly in a covered fry pan until eggs are set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a wonderful dish! It is much like a tortilla de patata (Spanish tapa), which we are extremely fond of. We made it with the salami, but I can see any meat working, and would be curious how the jerky would turn out - different, but good, I imagine. Like Breezer, I increased the potatoes by 50%, since we love 'em, and omitted the cheese (dietary reasons - but honestly, it doesn't even need it). I think this sums it all up: DH kept saying during and after dinner "the bomb!".
Delicious! I used ham for the meat, and increased it to a cup and the potatoes to a cup and a half. Added a couple of more eggs so I'd have a giant omelet. After all, I am feeding a 23 year old boy/man. He got 3/4 and I got 1/4. Delicious dinner for us tonight. Served with sour dough toast. Thanks for sharing! Made for "For Your Consideration' game on Yuku.
Yummy!!! I made this for my lunch today, using ham for the meat and refrigerated hash browns for the potatoes. Then followed the rest as written for one serving. This is so simple and quick, great to serve for any meal. I wasn't sure how I would like the sour cream topping on eggs and I loved it!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your win on the Super Bowl (Football Pool Game).