Mom's Rice & Meatballs (With Pickles)
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
8 Small Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 4 dill pickle spears, diced
- 1 cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- Mix ground beef with egg, milk, worcestershire sauce, onions, 1/4 cup diced dill pickles, cracker crumbs, parsley, dash of salt and pepper.
- Form into meatballs and brown all sides in frying pan.
- Add cream of celery soup to stock pot or crock pot with 1 can water, remaining pickles, and pickle juice and stir until blended.
- When the meatballs are browned on all sides, drain any grease and transfer them to the soup mixture.
- Try to cover them all with the soup for better cooking results.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 1 hour on the stove or for 4 hours on low in a crock pot.
- Tip: Stir often to make sure that the meatballs are not sticking to the pot, and the soup is not boiling.
- Serve over white or brown rice, or egg noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!