Mom's Pie Crust
This is the best pie crust. Light, flaky, and great taste!
- Ready In:
- Mix flour and salt in medium size bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until uniform with pieces no larger than a pea.
- Break egg into measuring cup and beat.
- Add milk to egg to just over 1/2 cup (about 1/2 cup plus a table spoon total milk and egg) stir well.
- Blend egg and milk mixture into flour mixture with a fork until liquid is no longer present.
- Very lightly knead dough and form into a ball (Over working the dough is the most common reason for pie crust failure!).
- Cut Dough in half.
- Roll out and use with your favorite filling. Makes a top and bottom crust. divide recipe in half for a single crust pie.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION