Mom's Macaroni and Potato Salad
My mom and grandma's macaroni and potato salads are family favorites and we have them a lot for summer get togethers. This is a combination of both recipes made into one and submitted for the Craze-E Contest.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 4 new potatoes, if small use 6
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 15 ounces peas
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped finely
- 2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and peel the new potatoes than cut into cubes. Add potatoes and eggs to a dutch oven or large pot and over medium high heat cook until potatoes are just fork tender, approximately 20 minutes. (Do not let the potatoes get over cooked because they will turn to mush when making the salad.) Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta well and place in a large mixing bowl. When potatoes and eggs are ready drain well and set eggs in a bowl of ice water to cool. Add potatoes to mixing bowl with pasta and add remaining ingredients. Peel and chop eggs, add to bowl. Gently fold everything together, taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in refrigerator until chilled or overnight for best flavor. More mayonnaise and yogurt can be added if creamier texture is desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wish I could give this 10 stars! What a great new way to make Macaroni Salad. Everyone loved the potatoes in it. Nice change of pace. Also, the peas and dill gave it a new and delightful flavor. Thanks for sharing it, Lauralie41 and also thank you for your lovely review of my Red Kidney Bean Salad over at Kitten's.Reply
see 2 more