Mom's Glossy White Frosting (Cooked)
- Ready In:
1 3-layer cake
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Boil water in bottom of double-boiler pan (or largest saucepan).
- Put all ingredients except vanilla into top of double-boiler (or round Pyrex bowl) over bowling water.
- Stir with your finger until the heat is too much to take, then pour mixture into mixer bowl, add vanilla and beat smooth. Continue to beat until opaque and peaks form.
- Cool before applying to cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to sing, swim, kayak and bike! I enjoy making/eating homemade.