Mom's Chex Mix
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 12 ounces Rice Chex (1 box)
- 12 ounces Corn Chex (1 box)
- 24 ounces Wheat Chex (1 box)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 16 1⁄2 ounces pretzel nuggets
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) box pretzel sticks
- garlic toast crouton
- 1 lb mixed nuts
- 1 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Mix up dry ingredients in a large wok or casserole dish.
- Mix up seasoning seperately, then pour over the top of the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 250 for 2 hours, stirring occasionally (approx every 1/2 hour).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is AWESOME! I did double the seasoning to make sure all was coated well. I have made this more than once (goes great around holidays - quickly devoured). I keep a box when I know I will be making this and line it with a garbage bag to mix dry ingredients. Then I use 2 aluminum roasting pans and make 2 batches of seasoning (1 for each pan). I omit the cheerios and croutons, and use Gardettos Rye Chips. So YUMMY!
Very good. I needed to double the seasoning mix to get all the ingredients coated. I substituted pretzel sticks for the nuggets. Warning: makes a TON of Chex mix. Had I been thinking clearly (Christmas time) I would have made only half the recipe. My husband and I both ended up taking large bowls of leftover mix to work for our co-workers to gobble up.