Mom's Cabbage Soup
This is the cabbage soup my mother used to make; it's the best and low fat.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons beef broth, powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil over medium heat; add onion, shallot and celery.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to medium Low and let simmer for 1 hour.Taste to see if you want to add and more powder or seasoning.
- Add parsley and simmer a few minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION