Mom's Banana Devil's Food Cake
photo by Cuistot
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Cram shortening, add sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add banana pulp, then melted chocolate.
- Combine milk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients alternatly with milk mixture to the creamed mixture, beat well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan, bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really thought that with only 1/3c banana (one banana for me) that this cake would be lacking in banana flavor. I was so wrong! There is a distinct banana and a distinct chocolate flavor here and they meld nicely. The cake a slightly dense, but not too much so. I made a banana frosting to go one it and think it would have been better with cream cheese.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a SAHM of 5, <span style=color: #ff6600;>Joshua</span> (9 mths), <span style=color: #cc99ff;>Olivia</span> (4), <span style=color: #339966;>Isaac</span> (14) and <span style=color: #ff99cc;>Brianna</span> (11) and my step-son <span style=color: #0000ff;>Dylan</span> (17). My DH works nights so often comes home to new dishes that I made after the kids go to bed. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/samplepics/blinkies/siggies/?action=view&current=images1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/samplepics/blinkies/siggies/images1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a></p>