Mom's Baking Powder Biscuits
photo by Marsh1971
- Ready In:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup ice cold water
- Place flour, baking powder, salt, sugar into a med. mixing bowl. Stir slightly with fork.
- Add shortening and mix with pastry cutter, or I rub thru my hands, until shortening and flour mixture resemble small peas.
- Add just enough water to form a dough. To much water will make a tough biscuit.
- Lay the biscuit dough out on a floured surface. you can roll the dough to 3/4 inch or I just pat it out to the desired thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter. Place on a heavily greased baking sheet.
- Let Biscuits sit for 20 to 30 minutes before baking in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a Gramma of 7 wonderful kids, who loves to cook.</p>