Momosita's Scallop Squash (Patty Pan) Gratin
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a wonderful way to use your CSA veggies or abundance of home garden veggies. My 10 month old gobbles this up faster than anything! Alternatively you can use Italian breadcrumbs and omit the oregano and basil. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 12 small scallop squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper (I use garlic salt)
- handful chopped cherry tomatoes (the sweeter, the better)
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off tops of squash and use a melon baller or sharp teaspoon to scoop out the middle and reserve.
- Boil the squash covered in 1 inch of water for 2 minutes.
- Line the bottom of a small casserole dish with the squash bottoms and set aside the tops.
- Melt the butter in a pan and saute the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the corn and continue cooking until soft. Add salt, pepper, paprika and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, breadcrumbs, eggs, oregano and basil.
- Add the sauteed vegetables to the breadcrumb mixture. Mix gently and then spoon it over the tops of the squash (they will be overflowing).
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top and replace the squash tops.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION