Mommy's Hot Dog Chowder!!!!!
photo by Linajjac
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced potatoes (raw)
- 5 -6 sliced hot dogs (or more if you prefer, like me!)
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese (regular cheddar can be used, but it comes out much better with the Velveeta)
- Saute celery and onion in butter in pot.
- Blend in flour.
- Gradually add milk; stir constantly until thickened.
- Add carrots, potatoes, hot dogs and corn.
- Cook over medium-low heat until potatoes are done.
- Add mustard and Velveeta.
- Heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Servce and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hubby and I just LOVED this casserole and what a great way to get rid of all those left over hot dogs from a picnic!! I used frozen potatoes since I had them and didn't feel like cutting fresh ones and it was delicious! I think next time I make it, I will use a bit more mustard as I used canned corn and it turned out a bit on the sweet side. Thanks for a wonderful recipe! This will go into our favorites!
Who woulda known !!!!!This is great abd SOOOOO E-Z....I have a family of 6 to feed so I doubled the recipe. Only difference is for the second batch of corn I added frozen peas (just for added color), and also I had to get rid of some 1/2 and 1/2 I had in the fridge, so that took the place of some of the milk.....This is definatly going on the DO AGAIN list...Also, My 9 year old requested that I fry up somne bacon to top it with, (Which I natrually did).....It turned out to be a wonderful addition, and if you do it early enough, not any extra work......THANKS for a real keeper......