Momma Dips Creamed Peas With Pearl Onions
Got this great side recipe from Moma Dip's Family Cookbook by Mildred Council that was given to my by a friend on my Birthday, Made it with Honey Salmon recipe #4682
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen baby green peas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar cooked white pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- Put the peas in a pot with the butter, chicken broth and evapotated milk.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the sugar if desired.
- Mix the corn starch with the water and add to pot.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pearl onions.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 10 to 12 minutes and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION