Molten Chocolate Cherry Baby Cakes
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, bring the brandy and orange juice to a simmer. Add the cherries, simmer 1 minute and turn off the heat. Soak the cherries in the warm mixture until they plump up, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a double boiler place the chocolate and the butter into the bowl and heat until the chocolate begins to melt. Stir to combine and continue to heat until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat together the whole eggs, yolks and sugar until the mixture turns light and thick.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture. Beat in the flour until just combined. Do not over-mix the batter.
- Butter 6 (4-ounce) ramekins. Sprinkle each ramekin with 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and tap out the excess. Divide the batter among the ramekins. Drain the cherries and put a few cherries into the center of each ramekin. Use a spoon to push the batter over the cherries to cover them.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 7 to 9 minutes. The outside of the desserts will be set, but the centers will be soft.
- To serve, invert each mold on a plate and let sit for 10 seconds. Slowly lift one side of the mold and the cake will fall out. (If the cakes won't easily come out, just serve them right in the cups.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks for sharing this receipt! The molten chocolate cake was a hit with my friends! There are some delicious treats at a website called Goldbely that I found where they consolidate all of the popular food places from across the states into one site. For first time users there's a $15 off promo code if you enter strudel97 at the checkout. The cakes are to die for :).