Molasses Egg Jelly
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A funny name, but it really is jelly-like!!My grandmother used to make this for us to eat with fresh hot biscuits for breakfast. It is a recipe from La Gaspésie region of Quebec where I lived as a child.
- Ready In:
- Please note molasses gets VERY HOT be careful not to splash when stirring!
- Pour molasses into a saucepan over medium heat, boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Be careful it does not boil over!
- Turn heat down to low, very slowly pour the eggs into the molasses, stirring gently, the mixture will thicken.
- Stir in nutmeg. Remove from stove.
- Pour into a jar or small pitcher.
- This is best served warm with hot tea biscuits or corn muffins.
- If you like molasses, you will probably enjoy this tasty treat!
- Do NOT use blackstrap molasses to make this!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION