Moité – Moité Fondue
photo by Crowded Earth Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 cremini mushrooms, finely diced
- 1⁄2 lb of grated wisconsin baby swiss cheese
- 1 triangle of laughing cow creamy swiss cheese (it helps with with texture)
- 1⁄2 lb of grated wisconsin grand cru gruyere cheese
- 1 cup of california sauvignon blanc wine
- Step 1) Cut garlic clove in half and rub bottom of sauté pan. Discard garlic.
- Step 2) Add diced mushrooms and 1 tablespoon of the wine. Sauté for about 3 minutes, or until mushrooms give up their liquid.
- Step 3) Add all three cheeses to the pan and melt over low-medium heat with constant stirring. Add the wine, a little at a time, to keep the cheese mixture thin enough to stir without clumping together.
- Step 4) Taste, adding a sprinkle of sea salt if necessary.
- Step 5) When mixture has melted completely, transfer to a fondue pot. Serve immediately with cubed French bread and long dipping forks. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Crowded Earth Kitchen is maintained by two women who know each other better than they know themselves! Betsy is a chemist who prefers to keep the kitchen and the laboratory quite separate, a PhD educator, and a Mom. She wears all three hats in reverse order while cooking. Carly Ellen is an author and food traveler who incorporates delicious recipes into each of her stories. She has a minor obsession with French boulangeries, and is sublimely happy with a fresh baguette and cup of espresso in any European cobblestoned square. How to Bake a Chocolate Souffle, the first book of Carly Ellen's new food fiction series was released in late 2014. You will find new recipes posted every 48 hours, so remember to check in often! Periodically, you will find new, valuable information on food-related wellness and environmental issues under Food for Thought. Feel free to join in the conversation and post your thoughts on these topics. Canning tips, lighthearted fun, free giveaways, and other fun surprises are tucked into the nooks and crannies of Crowded Earth Kitchen, so go ahead - look around and make yourself comfortable!