Moistest-Ever Pumpkin Pie Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
from CookSmart by Ellie Krieger - posted for safe-keeping
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 400º and spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together both flours, baking soda, salt and spices in medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, molasses, oil and eggs (one at a time) in another bowl until well combined and then whisk in pumpkin and vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture a bit at a time alternating with the buttermilk; just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan, filling each one about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle each with pumpkin seeds.
- Tap the pan on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 20 minutes).
- Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- *Will keep fresh in fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months*.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION