Moist Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup grated peeled carrot
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with paper liners. Whisk first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, or by hand, beat sugar, oil, flax meal and water in large bowl until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients to flax mixture in 2 additions, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Mix in carrots, pineapple and raisins (if using). Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20-30 minutes. Turn cupcakes out onto racks and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!