Moist Healthy Banana Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is the best banana bread I have came across that is Whole Wheat! Next time I will try adding in some flax for some added benefits and maybe trying to use applesauce instead of butter.
- Ready In:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter (I used Smart Balance Light)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (for topping)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat on low speed bananas, butter, sugar, and the egg until mixed.
- Add in the vanilla, salt and baking soda and beat until mixed.
- Add flour and 1°C of walnuts and mix until the mixture is thoroughly wet.
- Pour mixture into a greased (Pam) 4x8 bread pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.
- Slice and Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION