Mohambra - Capsicum Spread
- Ready In:
- 1 kg red capsicum, red
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 9 pita bread, cut into 8 wedges
- Cut capsicums in half lengthwise, discarding seeds and membranes. Place skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.
- Grill for 12 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Place capsicums in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, walnuts, cumin, red pepper and garlic, sauté 8 minutes. Stir in bell pepper puree, salt, and honey; cook 5 minutes. Cool. Place mixture in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve with pitas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making