Mock Turtle Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe comes from one of my grandma's old cookbooks from Louisiana.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 lb beef, chunks
- 1⁄2 lb pork, chunks
- 1 lb chicken chunks
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup roux
- 2 -3 cups sherry wine
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- To make roux, use 2 tablespoons of oil and 3 tablespoons flour, and add to saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth and brown, set aside.
- Boil all meat chunks together.
- Chop eggs and lemons in very small pieces.
- After meat is cooked and tender, remove and cut into smaller pieces.
- Fry onions in the roux for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and meats and remainder of ingredients, except wine, and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the wine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION