Mock Devonshire Cream Substitute for Strawberries
- Ready In:
4 cups cream
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Wash, hull and half strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue beating for about 1 minute. Cream should be thick but not stiff.
- Taste and adjust sour cream and brown sugar.
- Serve strawberries in an attractive bowl with the cream on the side in a seperate bowl, allowing guests to serve themselves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live on an island off Sarasota, FL. and moved here from Illinois. I have always loved the beach and I think that possibly we have the best beach in the world. It's alwasy in the top ten beaches. I love to cook most any food type. I find it relaxing and rewarding. Last year I wrote a cookbook with most of my family's and my favorite recipes. It is sold in speciality stores and the local Borders Books. I am divorced and have two grown sons that live in the area. They are my heart and soul. But as yet, they are not married, but I am looking forward to someday being a grandma. I have been a realtor for the last 20 years and since moving to this area I became a property manager.