Crispy Mochiko Chicken
Classic Hawaiian-style chicken. Great for picnics, kids love this. Do not substitute the Mochiko for other flours...it's the secret ingredient! Cook time does not include time to marinate.
- Ready In:
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons mochiko sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour, do not substitute regular flour or regular rice flour)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted (use to taste)
- oil (for deep frying)
- Mix all ingredients together (except oil for frying) and marinate overnight.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION