Mocha Walnut Christmas Cookies
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, 1/2 cup chocolate morsels.
- Stir until smooth; cool to room temperature. In small cup dissolve instant coffee in boiling water; set aside.
- In small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl combine margarine, sugar, brown sugar and coffee; beat until creamy.
- Add egg and melted chips; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, stir in remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My DH thought these were the best of the best!! Double chocolate!! he said, and I must say they smelled out of this world!! Even though I can't eat them, with a reaction like that from DH they deserve at least a 5*!! I got 46 cookies and I used veggie shortening, I will be making these again, before Christmas unless I can find a hideing place!!! than ks for posting.
My husband would give these a 5, I'm sure, but my issue was HOLY COW they are so SWEET! I had a sore mouth after eating two. They were super-easy and fast to bake. NExt time I think I might reduce the amount of sugar (maybe to half) and up the nuts, but I'll chop them more finely next time so they mix better through--Lots of my cookies turned out to be walnut-free (and I love walnuts). Thanks for the really interesting combination of flavours!)
I added the Mocha Walnut cookies to our Christmas cookies list this year, and my husband nearly finished them off all by himself. When he asked if we could have these year-round instead of just at Christmas, I knew we had a winner! I didn't have instant coffee, so I used brewed some extra-strong coffee and used that. It seemed to work fine.