Mocha Truffle Brownies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chips and butter. Stir until smooth; cool for 5 minutes. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar; beat on medium for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate mixture and coffee. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dissolve coffee granules in water; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar, melted chocolate and coffee. Spread over brownies.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over filling. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These brownies were very good and I will make them again. They are more of a "grown-up" treat. The actual brownie was a little dry so next time I won't bake them quite as long as the recipe calls for. A great recipe with good eye appeal also. Also the recipe does not make 6 dozen as stated. Maybe a dozen small ones.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.